Friday, March 4, 2016

Lots of flames, but luckily no fire.
At our log home at Bell Creek we didn't have electricity for the first few years. just "coal oil" (kerosene) lamps.I yet remember the pleasing smell of those burning lamps.And, not too surprising I have several in our home to enjoy looking at. Back now to the "flames". One Christmas I remember our tree (fir tree) was decorated by mostly homemade things like popcorn strung on string for decoration, and probably a small Santa or two, but for our lighting we had little clip-on candle holders with small Birthday size candles in them these were clipped to the outer end of the branches and when all done probably a dozen or more that we lit when we were ready to enjoy our Christmas Eve. In a wood (log) house with cedar shake roof it seems scary to me now. No worry I guess because outside of our back door was the pump that when primed would furnish water from the "well" below. Now, I'm really scared.
Another blog soon. see ya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment