Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Which one looked forward (the most) to the next week.?
During my working years at the road dept. in Klamath Falls, Or. I was riding one day in a company Pickup with a fellow employee. we were travelling on the old State highway that ran through Modoc Point, and Fort Klamath, up to nearly Crescent Or.
Along one of the desolate strips of roadway we passed an abandoned, run down old house that sat back off by its lonely self. My friend, riding with me in the pickup,pointed to the old structure and said "I lived there when I was a young boy" He then went on to say that he has never forgotten the trucker that made deliveries to Klamath Falls once a week passing his house nearly the same time and the same day each trip.
I would stand by the side of the road to watch him go by. Mainly because he would toss a small bundle near me which always contained some candy. I would wave to the driver while scurrying to get the package.
This gesture of kindness I'll always remember, and how exciting when that day of the week approached.

P.S.
When he finished his story I couldn't help but wonder, Which one of them looked "most" to the next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment